Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Many Rules

A major goal of this blog is to chronicle the myriad rules, regulations, requirements, codes and protocol you must follow to open a restaurant here in San Francisco, CA. There are LOTS.

I hope to translate what--at times--can be the seemingly foreign language of legislators, the health department, plumbers, planners, contractors, and the other characters you will encounter on the inglorious path to opening your own restaurant, into a concise check list of steps to opening day. Perhaps I'll keep a running list (over on the sidebar there) of all the agencies you will become intimately acquainted with once you've really decided to go for it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt,

    My name is Jeremy and I'm the webmaster for LiveSOMA.com, a Community-based website for the South of Market Neighborhood. I recently came across your new location on Mission Street, and I'm just writing to see if you might have a couple minutes to talk about AQ? I'm working on a post about the new restaurant, and I'd be happy to swing by your location this week if you're available.

    I apologize for commenting, but I don't have any other contact information for you.

    Cheers,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete